Another project we totally copied from some other creative people who were kind enough to share it.
We also did our usual thing of dumbing down the original instructions.
Here’s how to make your own junior butterfly display:
1. Draw and cut out a bunch of butterflies on heavy cardstock (we used old file folders). I found that folding the paper in half and drawing half a butterfly helped to make them nice and symmetrical.
2. Everyone in the family colors the butterflies while Academy Awards drone on in the background. (The awards part is optional.)
3. Take an old piece of cardboard and wrap it in pretty fabric.
4. “Mount” your butterflies with straight-pins for a museum-like effect.
5. Listen to Mariah Carey’s song about butterflies.
6. Ignore #5.